Center for Pediatric Palliative Care Casa Angelus
In the summer of 2017, in the village of Isacova, Orhei district, FFMS Angelus Moldova opened the first Pediatric Care Center Casa Angelus (Casa Angelus).
The mission of Casa Angelus Center is to provide non-stop medical and social care for a period of at least 14 days to children with progressive and advanced incurable illnesses, with the online essay writer possibility of reinstatement.
Casa Angelus has the capacity to accommodate 15-18 children, if necessary, together with a carer.
The services provided by the Casa Angelus Center are totally free of charge for children from all over the country. The selecting pathologies for admission are:
- incurable conditions for which curative treatment may be feasible, but may fail (cancer, heart failure, kidney failure);
- conditions whit whom premature death is inevitable, but prolonged treatment periods can improve life expectancy and quality of life (muscular dystrophy, cystic fibrosis, HIV / AIDS);
- progressive ailments without curative treatment options and palliative treatment being the only option: chromosomal abnormalities (Down syndrome, Turn syndrome, Klyndfelter’s syndrome, Rett syndrome, Dravet’s syndrome, lipofuscinosis); progressive metabolic diseases; imperfect osteogenesis, severe grade;
- low life expectancy due to accidents and other traumata;
- neurological diseases: hydrocephalus; PCI; vegetative state.
Many of the children in Casa Angelus can no longer imagine the fight with the disease without a psychological treatment of the qualified and caring staff that offers them, at least for a while, a warm and welcoming atmosphere.
In order to benefit from free pediatric palliative care at home or in the hospital, the patient needs:
- a copy of the identity card of the parent / legal representative,
- a copy of the birth certificate or identity card of the child,
- Form no. 027 / e, completed by the family doctor.